Calling all composers! This original theme created exclusively for this contest by Mr. Zimmer himself is yours to replay, recompose or revise to your heart’s content. Below you’ll find a link to the theme plus everything you need to get the creative juices flowing. We’re looking for originality, curveballs and adventurous amphonics. Submissions should be 90 to 120 seconds in length.
- Hans Zimmer, Academy Award winning composer - 12 Years a Slave, Man of Steel, The Dark Knight Rises
- Lorne Balfe, Composer - Inception, Iron Man, Sherlock Holmes, The Dark Knight
- Junkie XL, Composer - Man of Steel, The Dark Knight Rises, 300: Rise of an Empire
- Jacob Shea, Sr Composer, Bleeding Fingers - Gears of War, Transformers 3, Through The Wormhole, Survivor
- Russell Emanuel, CEO, Bleeding Fingers/Extreme Music
- Steve Kofsky, Chairman, Bleeding Fingers
2014, April 16
updated by Nicolas
Hans Zimmer Composes Theme Music to EDM Festival Tomorrowland
Hans Zimmer has created the first official hymn to mark the 10th anniversary of Tomorrowland, a leading electronic dance music festival held every year in the Belgian town of Boom, outside of Brussels. The 2014 edition takes place July 18-20 and July 25-27.
The festival approached Zimmer to compose a classical piece that would embody the "mystical, magical" aspects the festival is known for, and whose award-winning scores are infused with similarly spiritual qualities. He recorded the original piece in Air Studios in London, where he had previously recorded soundtracks for films such as Pirates of the Caribbean, The Da Vinci Code and The Dark Knight. The hymn will premiere this summer and serve as the official soundtrack of Tomorrowland moving forward.